Swimming Pool Safety Inspections Melbourne
The Only VBA registered Pool Safety Barrier Inspection Company in Victoria
Helping you keep your family safeBook Our Services Now
New legislation for pool owners
We are a team of highly qualified Building Inspectors who are all registered with the Victorian Building Authority.
Over 50 years combined Building Inspection experience including pool safety barriers requiring compliance for Building Surveyors, Pool Builders, Fence Installers, Councils and the Victorian Building Authority.
Pool Compliance Victoria is here to help you ensure your barrier complies with the new regulations with minimum hassle whilst eliminating unnecessary construction costs.
We are well versed in dealing with Councils to assist owners in the best ways possible. Our team members have not only worked in conjunction with Councils, we have Registered Building Inspectors who have worked for both Councils and the VBA.
ServicesView Our Services
Why Choose Us
- We are a team of experienced Building Inspectors who are all registered with the VBA
- We have over 50 years combined Building Inspection experience and many more years construction industry experience
- Our team can assist with Inspecting, Reporting and Issuing you a Certificate of Compliance
- We can help with fencing design advice for new pools and spas
- We offer a consultation service to advise what likely requirements will be prior to the Inspection being carried out
- We have flexibility to best provide a time frame for inspection to suit your needs
- We take the CoVid 19 situation very seriously and all Inspectors adhere to our CoVid 19 policy including distancing and sanitising
- We can liaise with council on your behalf, taking that hassle out of the process
- We work to achieve required compliance with the least amount of fuss
- We will discuss with you and your trades/handypersons how to best achieve compliance as part of the process whilst considering:
- 1. Construction costs, materials that work, are less expensive and last in the weather
- 2. Site functionality, it should work for you
- 3. Site aesthetics, it has to look good
- 4. Council and government requirements, avoiding substantial fines and potential court action
How it Works
- The pool owner registers their pool with their local Council - this is required to be done by the 1st November, 2020
- Once the pool owner receives notification from Council about the build date of their pool, the owner organises an inspection of their pool safety barrier with a Registered Building Inspector or Registered Building Surveyor
- Inspection is carried out and either barrier is compliant, a certificate issued to the owner who then submits that certificate to the Council or;
- Items are found, direction letter sent to owner with items requiring attention
- Owner has up to 60 days to fix items and have fence re-inspected, if all OK, Compliance Certificate issued to owner and owner submits that to council.
- A third inspection may be required where there are still minor outstanding items, however a maximum of 7 days is allowed to rectify and re-inspect
- Please note: If major non-compliance items are found during the inspection, the inspector is required by law to submit a non-compliance certificate to Council immediately for actioning by Council
- Major non-compliance items are as follows:
- a door or gate forming part of the barrier, when in the closed position, is able to be opened by a person who is unable to reach the opening mechanism for that door or gate
- a door or gate forming part of the barrier is unable to be completely closed
- a door or gate forming part of the barrier is unable to be completely closed
- any part of the barrier is less than 1 metre in height measured above ground level from the approach side
After much research we selected Pool Compliance Victoria to certify our pool fencing. We evaluated most other Pool Compliance Companies – mainly through their respective websites and made a shortlist of those we considered. From this list this we rang 5 companies and talked about each one – their approach, politeness and price. After much consideration we selected Pool Compliance Victoria – their professional service and politeness was first class along with a comprehensive website explaining all their services and approach to customers different situations. We also felt that their fee for service was great (best) value and we felt very confident of their service. This was exemplified by the office service of Jade – honest answers to our queries of their business and follow-up emails and phone calls. On the day of inspection Brendan the registered building practitioner for Pool Compliance Victoria was extremely polite, constructively positive and thorough with his comments. (Note it pays to do your homework on your pool fence compliance requirements)
I would have no hesitation in asking Pool compliance Victoria to reinspect my Pool Fence when next required. They are a very polite, experienced company and offer value for money.
David from Chirnside Park
I’m very happy to recommend Pool Compliance Victoria, as a great company to ensure your pool and spa meet the requirements of your council. We didn’t know who to contact to go through the process of getting our pool and spa compliant with our shire’s requirements. We found them through a recommendation and still thought it would be a complex and drawn our procedure. Not at all, so simple!
Luke came out to have a look at our property and went through exactly what we needed to do, providing suggestions on the easiest way to get the job done. He was very knowledgeable with relation to the process and also council requirements. Once we had done what he said, we contacted Jade at Pool Compliance Victoria and she arranged for him to come out within the next few days. Very speedy response and then once all was checked, gave us the sign-off.
We couldn’t be happier with the friendly and efficient service and would strongly recommend you use them for a hassle-free and effective outcome for pool and spa compliance.
Marion and Daniel, Mt Eliza
I have recently had my pool safety barriers certified by Pool Compliance Victoria. I found both the office staff and inspector friendly, courteous, punctual and professional throughout the process. The building inspector was extremely helpful, provided clear guidance on requirements to address safety shortcomings and also much appreciated advice. I certainly intend to engage Pool Compliance Victoria when re-inspection is required in 4 years.
Pool compliance is a complex issue these days and I was most grateful for the assistance and professionalism of Pool Compliance Victoria. Adrian, one of their inspectors, was most thorough in his inspection and provided accurate guidance on the requirements to make my pool compliant. When I had further queries on some technical issues they were most helpful. It was a relief to receive their compliance certificate after the final inspection which I then presented to my local Council.
Chris - Beaumaris
I fully recommend Pool CV. Brendan is reliable, pleasant and efficient. He went out of his way to ensure that we were able to fulfil the necessary requirements.
Luke from Pool Compliance Victoria came quickly to help us obtain our Pool Compliance Certificate. He explained what we needed to do and we obtained our certificate without great dramas. We had a problem with a previous Company who tried to rip us off.
I am very pleased to have received my Certificate of Pool and Spa Barrier Compliance. I found Pool Compliance Victoria very easy and accommodating to deal with. I needed to cancel my first appointment quickly and that was not a bother. After having the first inspection, I did need to make a couple of minor modifications and after completion, making a new time to do the final inspection was organised promptly and I am happy to be compliant now for the next 4 years. Regards,