Terms of Service
By engaging Pool Compliance Victoria to carry out services you agree to the following:
- Pool Compliance Victoria will require certain information from you prior to carrying out any services, site visits or inspections.
- Pool Compliance Victoria will appoint a suitably trained and/or qualified and/or registered representative to carry out any site visits and/or inspections. We do not use unregistered inspectors for any inspections as required by the Building Act 1993 and the Building Regulations 2018.
- We may elect to send more than one representative to your site for training purposes.
- Though we endeavor to send the original inspector for any return visits, this may not always be possible. You agree to any representative of Pool Compliance Victoria as listed above carrying out any site visits, inspections or re-inspections.
- All fees must be paid a minimum of 3 business days in advance of carrying out any services on your behalf or at your property.
- Initial inspection cost varies depending on the location of your property which includes issuing the Certificate of Compliance if the Pool Safety Barrier is compliant at that time.
- Re-inspections cost is varies depending on the location of your property which includes issuing the Certificate of Compliance if the Pool Safety Barrier is compliant at that time.
- Cancellations within 3 business days of the date of the site visit, inspection or re-inspection will incur a $100 + GST re-booking fee.
- All information provided to us by you or any person on your behalf is accurate and not fraudulent. Fraudulent information may require us to submit personal information to any government agency as necessary and as required by law.
- By engaging Pool Compliance Victoria to carry out a Pool Safety Barrier Inspection, a re-inspection or (a maximum of 2) re-inspections may be required, by law if you fail to arrange or agree to a re-inspection, Pool Compliance Victoria is obligated to notify the Local Council pertaining to the property.
- Owner notices (inspection reports) and Certificates of Compliance will be issued as soon as practicable following any inspection.
- If an Owner Notice is issued, the owner will be given up to a maximum of 60 days to bring the Pool Safety Barrier into compliance in accordance with the requirements of the Building Regulations 2018.
- If a further re-inspection is required, and a revised Owner Notice is issued, the owner will be given up to a maximum of 7 days to bring the Pool Safety Barrier into compliance in accordance with the requirements of the Building Regulations 2018.
- Site advice inspections are verbal inspections only. However if a major non-compliance issue is found we are required under Division 6 of the Building Regulations 2018 reg 147zf to notify council.
- Any information provided by Pool Compliance Victoria on our website that is produced by external sources (VBA, Local Councils, etc.) may not be exhaustive nor accurate. It is the responsibility of the institution making that information available to ensure its suitability for public consumption. We always endeavour to update information on our website as it comes to be known by us, however we cannot guarantee that information has not been superseded.
- Aggression toward any representative of Pool Compliance Victoria will not be tolerated and a representative may vacate a site or terminate a phone call at any time where they are in any way threatened.
All confidential information provided such as name, address, email and phone numbers are for the use of Pool Compliance Victoria only. No information is passed onto third parties without an authorization letter signed by the owner.
All credit card transactions are processed securely and no credit card details are stored with Pool compliance Victoria or any other third parties.
- We take photos of sites and videos of areas of sites for reviewing practices and procedures. We may use photos of specific areas of Pool Safety Barrier compliances and/or non-compliances on this website for educational purposes. These photos will not contain photos of people on site other than Pool Compliance Victoria representatives without prior written permission. Other photos may be utilised in our gallery to highlight aesthetically pleasing Pool Safety Barriers and pool areas.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions you agree that you have fully read and understood what is required of you and what to expect from Pool Compliance Victoria.
This online service is bound by the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and The Privacy Act 2014 (Vic)